Thursday, April 8, 2010

'Heston's Chocolate Factory Feast'

Last night, I watched a programme called 'Heston's Chocolate Factory Feast'. In this programme the eccentric, award winning chef Heston Blumenthal, re-created some of the iconic sugary inventions from the 1960's classic book, 'Charlie and the Chocolate factory' by Roald Dahl.

As 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' has been one of my favourite books since childhood, I was excited to see how he would recreate some of the fantastical creations featured within the book. For example he made lickable wallpaper, edible golden tickets and an incredible chocolate waterfall, complete with edible rocks and plants. I really wish that I could show you some pictures of his incredible inventions, but sadly I couldn't find any. Trust me though, they were mindblowing.

Heston's sense of fun, eccentricity and innovation makes him a person who I admire. In my opinion, he is the Willy Wonka of the food industry. I'm looking forward to his interpretation of Fairy Tale food, next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment