Thursday, May 13, 2010

As if I didn't have enough books.....

some more arrived in the post from Amazon this morning! Tucked into the box containing my mum's new pressure cooker and a pressure cooker recipe book, I received:

'Around the World In 80 Days'- Jules Verne

'The Road'- Cormac McCarthy

'Memoirs Of a Geisha' -Arthur Golden. I had previously said in 'My Favourite Book Covers', that this book is also one of my favourite books ever, so I'm ashamed and even not entirely sure why I have never actually owned it. I'd previously read it via the library. So I'm excited to re-read this novel and to share my thoughts of this wonderful novel with you. Watch out for reviews of this and the other novels on my 'To Be Read' list, in the future.

In the meantime, I've been busy reading Mario Vargas Llosa's novel 'The Bad Girl' and I'm reading enjoying it so far. However, as I've been busy, I've not been able to devote as much time as I would like to reading, but I'm planning on posting a review of 'The Bad Girl' on the blog very soon.

As far as Amazon are concerned, I continue to be impressed with their efficiency, speedy delivery and service. I think that Amazon are going to get a lot of book orders from me in the future which great for them, but probably not good for my bank balance!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Never such a thing as too many books, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Considering that I have to maintain the blog, it's a necessity for me to buy more books....that's my excuse anyway!

    ReplyDelete