Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Audio Books

When I was a lot younger, not only did I devour books in paper form (not literally!), but I enjoyed listening to audio books every night before I went to sleep. This habit started off with listening to tapes on cassette and progressed to CD, until I reached my teens and grew out of it.

However, I've been thinking about getting back into listening to audio books again and whilst I was researching what audio books are available nowadays, I was pleased to see that one of my favourite authors Kate Atkinson, has recently brought out audio versions of her novels 'When Will There Be Good News', 'One Good Turn', 'Human Croquet' and 'Emotionally Weird', the novel which first introduced me to this great writer.

I was also excited to see that Kate Atkinson is bringing out a new novel in 18th August 2010, called 'Started Early,Took my dog'. I love her quirky, clever style of writing and I'm looking forward to seeing what she does next. Judging by the new novel's title, it sounds like it's going to be interesting!

Anyway back to audio books which is, after all, what the post is about. Do you listen to audio books, or do you prefer to read paperbacks? Which audio books can you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment