Monday, May 24, 2010

Green Penguins

Nowadays, society is concerned with ensuring that the products they consume, provide the least amount of damage to the earth's environment. Therefore, book buying could be seen as a environmentally unfriendly pastime. You could argue that with the introduction of E-Readers such as the Kindle, this could be the alternative to buying paper back books, thus saving more trees.

I'm all for finding energy and waste efficient alternatives, but as you may know, I have blogged on my preference on buying paper books, over the technological method.

So I'm pleased to say, that I have found the perfect solution.


Penguin Publishers has brought out a collection of novels called 'Penguin Classics', which are made from 100% recycled paper and offer a wide range of classic titles, from 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland', Poetry by Keats to Bram Stoker's 'Dracula'.

Not only do I feel that by purchasing these books, that I'm in some small way helping the planet, but also this selection of books is really cheap. Each novel costs a mere £2 (and less!) from Amazon.

So if you love reading books in the traditional way, but want to do your bit for the environment, check out the selection of titles available on the Penguin Website.

2 comments: