Friday, June 4, 2010

My Favourite Book Covers



This week, I was lent a copy of Marina Lewycka's 'We are all made of Glue' and this gave me inspiration, for a 'Favourite Book Cover.'

I haven't really chosen 'A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian' (also by Marina Lewycka) for the design as such, although I do like the old fashioned style. I have chosen this, because the title is so quirky.

I like books which have a quirky or strange title, I particularly like 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' by Mark Haddon. By choosing such a quirky title, I think it's a clever way to make you want to buy the novel, just to find out whether or not the plot bears any relation to it.

What strange or quirky book titles have you come across and did it have any relation to the plot inside?

No comments:

Post a Comment