Sunday, June 6, 2010

'A Picture Paints a Thousand Books'

As well as taking part in the reader's questionnaire on the 'Stuck in a Book' blog, I thought that it would be interesting to participate in the other challenge 'A Picture Paints a Thousand Books' . This is where reader's have to define their taste in books, by using a single image.

It took me a long time to find an image which illustrates my taste in literature, however I settled on this one by Salvador Dali:


The reason I chose Dali, is because his style is quirky, fun and when you see one of his paintings, you will see something different every time. I think that this reflects my taste in books, as I like literature with humour, I read books with completely different subject matters and my taste in books is hard to pinpoint, just like Dali's art.

What about you? What image would you choose (which does not feature any literary characters), to reflect your taste in literature? Post the image on your blog and send me a comment with the link, or just let me know which image you have chosen and why.

Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what image I would choose, but I love yoyr Dali choice. His images are so evocative and draw one in, so I can see why you chose it. Literature also draws one in and has layers in the same way; provocative image provoking thoughts about literature.
    Sorry this is not exactly what you requested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant choice, quite unlike the other images chosen.
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!It was a very thought provoking challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this is quite a moody picture - I can see that it does have an unusual humour to it and there's that wonderful glow of light in the background. Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete