Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday Musings

2125 words. That's how many words I have written for my new short story in the last week. I've quite impressed myself how quickly things have been progressing with this story. As I've probably mentioned previously, I have also been trying to write a novel for children for the past 5ish years and even though I envisage finishing it, lately I've been lacking in motivation to continue with it.Also for a while, since a very strange dream, the image of it have been swimming around in my head and so I have finally given in and started to write my ideas down.

Due to the fact that I can't keep with one thing for too long, this new story was a welcome change and I'm finding that writing this type of story, compliments my need to get things done NOW.

I had planned to write a lot more and also finish off '80 Days Around the World' by Jules Verne to review today, but I have been busy watching the parades at the Moors and Christians festival. For those who don't know, this is a 3 day festival to commemorate the capture of Spain, by the Moorish people many centuries ago and the subsequent recapture by the Spanish. The festival is fun, colourful and loud, it is one of the things I look forward to most during the year and I managed to take 139 photos and 5 videos.....I'm one of those people that takes photos of EVERYTHING!

So as for book stuff, there isn't much to talk about at the moment. However, going back to the topic of short stories, who are you favourite short story authors?

No comments:

Post a Comment