Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tired of waiting....

For the past year (maybe more), builders have been constructing a library very close to where I live. Gradually I have watched it come together and this morning, I thought that I would go around, to see if it was open.

From the outside, it looks finished. It's a lovely, cheerful shade of yellow with modern, funky windows and it looks so inviting (I wish that I had taken my camera with me so I could show you). However, it's STILL not open!

I can understand that it takes time for a library to be fitted out with books and computers, but, as August approaches and everything shuts down because of the heat, I can't see the library opening until at least September now.

I miss going to the library. I love its tranquil atmosphere, the smell of the books and I was looking forward to enjoying that again. There is a library across the road, but it's smaller and possibly difficult, to get my scooter inside.

Also, I was hoping that the library would be open this summer, so that I could be free of distractions and finish writing my book.

For now though, I'll just have to wait a little longer and try and get some work done...

1 comment:

  1. Aw, sorry you have to keep waiting! It sounds like it will be awesome when it opens though.

    ReplyDelete