Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Business as usual!

So I may still not have electricity in my apartment block (we are in rented accommodation at the moment and may be for some time), but I am happy to report that we now have 24hr access to the Internet! This means that blogging can resume.

I never knew how much the Internet could make a difference to my life. Some of the time that I spend on the web is completely pointless. I mean, ploughing fields and rearing cyber cows and sheep isn't exactly important. However, having the feeling that I can't easily connect with the world and not to be able to read people's blogs, made me feel like I had been left out and not exactly lonely, but definitely like I had missed out on something.

Anyway, I'll be spending the next few days catching up on every one's blogs and on Monday, I'll put my long awaited review of Jules Verne's 'Around the world in 80 Days'. Then, a review of a book that I just finished today called 'The Boleyn Inheritance' will follow. This is the second book in a series of historical novels written by Philippa Gregory, who since reading 'The Other Boleyn Girl'(I'll post a review of this in a future blog post), I've become a huge fan of.

So there are lots of things to come on the blog. I'm really looking forward to getting back into blogging again.

What books have you read whilst I have been away?

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading poetry during your absence;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What poetry are you reading at the moment? In a previous blog post, I mentioned that I would quite like to get into poetry, but don't know where to start. So any suggestions would be great!

    ReplyDelete