Thursday, September 23, 2010

I've won an award!


Yesterday, whilst surfing the net and blatantly not doing any writing as I should have been, I received a message on the blog. It turns out that Jo from 'The Book Jotter', has kindly given me a 'One Lovely Blog' award!

When I started the blog at the beginning of this year, I only thought that I would be blogging for a bit of writing practise. So it's nice to see that someone enjoys reading the blog, as much as I enjoy updating it. Actually, by receiving this award I feel slightly guilty, because I haven't been updating it as much as I intended to. However, I'm nearly at the end of 'Memoirs of a Geisha', so there should be a review on here shortly.

Anyway by accepting this award, there are a set of rules that I have to abide by. One of those is to pay it forward and award 15 blogs, that I think are high quality and entertaining, with a 'One Lovely Blog' award too. So here are the list of blogs who I genuinely think, deserve this award:

Wordstitcher

Being Joan

Clear your Heart

Fashion, Art and Other Fancies


Raising Ruby

StephTheBookworm

Backwards in High Heels


Hannah Stoneham's Book Blog

Harriet Devine's Blog

Fyrefly's Book Blog

My Castle In Spain

Notebook Stories

Papier mon Amour

Bibliophile By the Sea

A few of my favourite books


There were others that I could have added to the 15, but it was difficult to choose! However, if you are one of the lucky ones to have been chosen, then let me know if you accept this award by commenting on my blog, or if you have been awarded this before, then just feel free to comment on the blog. Then, it's your turn to pass this award on to any blogs you think deserve this award and you want you readers to know about!

10 comments:

  1. Spangle, congratulations on your award and thank you for "pawing" it forward to us! What a nice surprise! So glad you are enjoying the journey of our little service puppy, Ruby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award, which is how I found ur blog.
    look forward to following

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spangle, you are so sweet to think of me - thank you, for the charming and thoughtful award. I have read 'Memoirs of a Geisha' - I have even seen the film - I'm sure you are enjoying the book as much as I did. Thank you once again.
    Warmly hopes you are well. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you, and thank you so much for passing it on! I'm not familiar with most of the other sites you list, so I'm off to go check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for including me in your award list. I don't think that I have ever received an award for anything - sad but true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the lovely comments and congrats on the award! There are still some blogger who haven't accepted it, but I'm hoping that they find this post soon....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for giving me this award...It's really sweet of you ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so very much. I am incredibly touched and delighted. What a very kind thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are very sweet! Thanks a lot for thinking of me! :) I really like your blog as well. Did you change your background? It looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're welcome and yes the blog has had a bit of a face lift

    ReplyDelete