Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wish Lists

I haven't blogged for a few days, as I haven't been as book productive as I would like to have been. I would have liked to have finished 'New Moon' by Stephenie Meyer, but I've been busy with our visitors and also swimming (which may sound great, but I have been trying to overcome a major phobia of deep water over the last 2 years and have only just managed to relax and actually enjoy being in the water.)

However, I have been surfing on Amazon and compiling a wish list of the books I want to read in the future. They are as follows:

The complete box set of the 'Twilight' Saga- Stephenie Meyer,

'Of Mice and Men'- John Steinbeck,

'Started Early, Took My Dog'- Kate Atkinson,

'The Girl With Dragon Tattoo'- Steig Larsson,

'The Virgin's Lover'- Philippa Gregory,

'The Constant Princess'- Philippa Gregory,

'The Red Queen'- Philippa Gregory,

'The White Queen'- Philippa Gregory.

There is also a book, which I read a review of on another book blog and wanted to read. The problem is, I can't remember the name of it! I know that on the front cover, there is a girl with long hair, looking bit intense and the novel is rather thick and about the end of the world. If anyone know the name of this novel, let me know!

I should update the blog again shortly, but in the meantime, have you read any of the books on my wish list? What novels are on your wish list?

5 comments:

  1. I have read The Constant Princess and Started Early, Took My Dog.

    I have just bought The White Queen, thought I had better read that before The Red Queen. I have not read The Virgins Lover - so that is on my list of wishes. I have posted mine on my blog - it is an ever changing list.

    Feel free to check it out.

    I also see on your TBR The Pale Horse by Agatha Christie - did you see it on the telly on Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Amazon wish list is MASSIVE and has all sorts on it, not just books. It's incredibly useful as my mother has a history of buying piss poor presents and this way she and I both know she'll always get me a present I like without putting in too much effort. The same goes for other friends and relatives too.
    I often look at others' wish lists when it comes to birthday / Xmas time because it's important to me to get presents people really like and wishlists take out a lot of the guesswork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santa, I had never really used wishlists before, but may do in the future. Sometimes, it's quite a while from thinking that I want to read a book, until actually getting around to buying it. So this will help me to remember.

    Also Jo, I know that you have posted a comment on this post, but for some reason, it hasn't appeared....very weird!

    In answer to your question, no I didn't have the chance to watch the TV version of Agatha Christie's 'The Pale Horse', as we don't get English TV. What did you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Of Mice and Men' inside out and it does not lose in the many times of re reading - so well crafted is it.

    The Kate Atkinson is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  5. See if this post appears!

    The Pale Horse was strange because Miss Marple was in it - says it all really.

    I have not read the book, but might just to see who they took out to fit in Miss Marple.

    ReplyDelete