Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Snippet

I had planned to post a review of 'The Rose Labyrinth' by Titania Hardie on the blog yesterday. However on Friday night, I went out with my Intercambio language group for Christmas dinner and didn't get back until 1.30am! I didn't have a hangover on Saturday as I didn't consume much alcohol, but the late night made me too tired to write coherent sentences. I'm getting too old for staying out until all hours! So the review will appear next week. For now, here is this week's 'Sunday Snippet' :

Page 135: 'The heavy-panelled room seemed to tilt.'

'The Bones of Avalon'- Phil Rickman

It's a short and sweet snippet this week.

I hope that you enjoy the rest of the weekend. I'm excited because I'm off to see 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1' this afternoon. A review on what it's like, will follow shortly!

3 comments:

  1. I love that sentence ... but was disappointed in the book as, sadly, it was not consistently well written - in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good evening, spangle-just popping in to say thank you for leaving me a comment on my blog post yesterday...it is very much appreciated, as always they are....what a lovely blog you have here and i think i have been here before somehow...i am not sure how we have met but thank you for saying hello and i hope you visit again soon...blessings on the holiday to come this weekend and your new year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aguja, thanks for the comment. I'm also finding that this novel isn't particularly well written either. However, I decided not to abandon it and it is getting slightly better.

    Linda, Thank for the lovely comment! I really loved the art piece on your latest blog post and I look forward to seeing what you do next.

    ReplyDelete