Sunday, January 16, 2011

'Sunday Snippet'

It has been a slow reading week. In fact, I've managed to do no reading at all. The reason is because that I have spent a lot of this week, writing some more of my short story. This is good, but I really need to learn to manage my time better!

So this week's 'Sunday Snippet', is from only a few pages further into Barbara Comyn's novel 'Our Spoons Came From Woolworths', than last week:

Page 26-'Sophia Fairclough was my new name and quite soon I became used to it and to being called "Mrs." and wearing a wedding-ring'

'Our Spoons Came From Woolworths'- Barbara Comyns.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and if you have posted your own 'Sunday Snippet', don't forget to send me a link to your post!

4 comments:

  1. And are you enjoying the book?? I think that it stands alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read some more of the book today and I'm really enjoying it. I love the central character and think that Comyns is a really good writer. She is able to combine serious themes and humour brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I'm excited about your blog (it's very fun). Found you on Book Blogs and I am now a subscriber. Please RTF at http://VampireReview.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi thanks for stopping by the blog. I'll make to check out your blog too!

    ReplyDelete