Sunday, February 27, 2011

'Sunday Snippet'

This week, I thought I would do something different for my 'Sunday Snippet'. This is the opening of a novel I have been working on over the last few months, called 'The Unheard' . This book is nowhere near finished, but I thought I would give you a little taster. I hope you enjoy it:

Prelude

'Silence. The town of Deadwood looked as if nothing had happened. The only strange thing about this tiny town in California, was that it was deserted. Deserted, all except a boy.

The boy was dressed in a dirty blue T-shirt and shredded jeans. On his feet were the remains of a pair of trainers. They were so tattered and full of holes, they looked as if they might fall off at any moment.

The boy wandered aimlessly through the streets stepping over Coke cans, crisp packets and discarded buckets of popcorn. The strange thing about this scene, was that even though there was a building which suggested that at one time it had been a cinema, it was now boarded up. It appeared to have been like that, for quite some time.'


Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Told you it would come across well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're about to finish your book. You've done a great deal of work. Good luck with publishing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, I appreciate any feedback bad or good. It will help me improve my writing.

    Olga, I've not finished the first draft of the novel, so I have got a long way to go before I attempt to get my work published. However, thanks for the positive vibes!

    ReplyDelete