Sunday, March 6, 2011

'Sunday Snippet'

I don't generally read short stories. However, I have recently enjoyed reading Edith Wharton's charming collection of 'Short stories'. I've nearly finished, having uncharacteristically read the stories at random order. At the moment, I'm reading 'Souls Belated'. Here's a snippet:

Page 73- 'Whatever effect this combined action may have had upon the Lintons, it did not at least have that of driving them away.'

I will put a review of this collection on the blog over the next few days; it's about time I put a review on the here.

The sun is shining, although I suspect that it is cold outside. I'm going to be spending the day going out for Sunday lunch, then watching a fancy dress parade in town later. Whatever you are doing, enjoy what's left of the weekend.

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I really love short stories. In Russian literature, they have such a long history. There have been some really genius short story writers, such as Chehov.

    ReplyDelete