Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Snippet

I'm not much of a crime reader. I love Kate Atkinson's take on the crime genre, but I don't think that her novels could be called strictly 'crime', and I have also only read one Agatha Christie novel. So it makes a refreshing change to be reading 'The Maltese Falcon', a classic crime novel from the 30's. Here's the 'snippet'.

Page 87 'Beginning day had reduced night to a thin smokiness when Spade sat up.'

'The Maltese Falcon'-Dashiell Hammett

Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. I love noir from that era...happy reading. (Also think Kate Atkinson's crime series is great!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid crime and mystery novels have never been on my radar, but I like the snippet describing morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore crime and mystery novels. I have read the entire Agatha Christie bibliography. I find her novels are psychology manuals of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the descriptiveness of this snippet.

    ReplyDelete