Sunday, April 3, 2011

'Sunday Snippet'

I haven't done much reading this week. With the arrival of summer (finally!), I was hoping to be able to sit on my balcony and read in the sun, but my dog has had other ideas. She loves the sun as much as I do and has claimed the only seat that is outside for herself. That means that when I sit on it, she either stares me out until I move or jumps up on my lap, which does leave much room to read.

Anyway, from the few pages of 'The Maltese Falcon' that I have managed to read, here's this week's snippet:

Page 180 'Gutman flung a fat hand out at the boy's wrist, caught the wrist, and bore it and the gun down while Gutman's fat body was rising in haste from the rocking chair.'

'The Maltese Falcon' by Dashiell Hammett

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all the mums out there. So far, I've bought my mum a card and made her a cup of tea and later, I'm taking her out for Sunday Lunch. It's a shame that the weather has clouded over for her special day.

Happy (Mothering) Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there - we must have posted within seconds of each other, so I'm popping over to say hello. I'm having the same problem finding time to read myself at the moment. And the book I have to review sent me to sleep yesterday - now that wouldn't have happened with Hammett!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks the comment. Yes within seconds of posted this, I was surprised to see that you had commented!

    What book are you reading at the moment? It's annoying that you are not enjoy it. Maybe save it for when you are having trouble sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how lovely for your mother...loved reading this. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! You dog is seeking your company.
    You describe your balcony reading very vividly. I can see you there:)

    ReplyDelete