Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Snippet

My last read, 'The Maltese Falcon' by Dashiell Hammett, was a crime novel. Now for something completely different!

My next read, 'The Prestige' by Christopher Priest, is a novel which was adapted into a film in 2006, starring Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman and Michael Caine. For those who haven't seen the film, it is about two magicians in a battle to outdo each other with their illusions, but develops into something much more sinister. Here's the trailer:



I wasn't aware that this was originally a novel, but after I read a review of the novel on another book blog, I really wanted to read this. So far, the book is nothing like the film but I will have to read on to see what happens.

Here's this week's snippet:

Page 17- 'I decided to refer back to the office, since it was clear the story I had been sent to cover was no longer live.'

'The Prestige' by Christopher Priest

Whatever you're doing today, enjoy what's left of the weekend. The weather here is gloriously sunny, but unfortuately that means that I have hayfever. So I'll have to stock up on tissues!

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. I shall wait to hear how you fare with the book. Interesting that a film can take different things from a book than do the readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had a chance to watch this film.
    Thank you for the tip. Take care about your hayfever and enjoy the weather. It is raining today in Toronto:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I actually have The Prestige in my netflix queue. Can't wait to hear what you think of the book. It sounds really interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete