Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Snippet

Do you remember on last week's 'Sunday Snippet', I mentioned that I had hayfever? Well, it turned out to be a little than that.

For the past week, I've been under the weather with a cold and sore throat. Not to look at the negative, being ill has meant that I have had plenty of time to read and I'm making good progress through Christopher Priest's novel 'The Prestige'. I'm still not sure if I am enjoying the novel as much as its film adaptation. There are a lot of unecessary details within the novel, which do not appear in the film. However, 'The Prestige' is still an interesting read.

Here's this week's snippet:

Page 126 - 'But now I return to that afternoon and evening of Clive Borden's visit to Caldlow House, and try to reconstruct what took place while we children played upstairs.'

'The Prestige'- Christopher Priest

Whatever you are doing, enjoy what's left of the weekend. The London Marathon is taking place as I type. I enjoy watching the fun runners negotiating the course wearing all sorts of crazy costumes in the name of charity, but it makes me tired just watching them.

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better spangle! :-) I've recently heard the London Marathon is fun for the costumes. I don't think they aired it here (though seems like I missed it anyway. Darn)

    ReplyDelete