Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Snippet

I may have to reconsider posting something different for the next few 'Sunday Snippet's', because I'm sure you're getting bored of hearing about Ken Follett's 'The Pillars Of The Earth'!

Last week
, I said that the novel was a little slow but now, I'm really getting into it. It just took a little patience on my part, but now it's paying off.

Ken Follett's writing, is like Kate Atkinson's in some ways in my opinion. His writing is not full of the subtle humour as Atkinson's is, but they both are able to seamlessly weave many threads of story together without the plot becoming confusing.

I'm still making good progress with the novel, but I'm still only about a quarter of the way through this book! Here's this week's snippet:

Page 267: ' If the Devil really were at work in here tonight, there was no telling what might happen.'

'The Pillars Of The Earth'- Ken Follett

I hope that you are having a good weekend so far and if you're lucky enough to have a bank holiday, enjoy the extra day off.

I've been out catching up with friends over the last few days, which has been lovely, but has meant a few late nights. So I'm looking forward to a relaxing day today, before the week begins again!

Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. It's good to hear that you are enjoying Ken Follett. Savouring a book is one of the pleasures of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did like Pillars of the Earth, but listened to the audio over a several week period of time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great one liner. I really enjoyed that book! xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments! Diane, I think I should have done what you did and bought the Audiobook!

    Style, She Wrote, it seems like a lot of people have enjoyed this novel and I have to admit, even though at times it can be a little dull, I'm really enjoying it.

    Aguja, I like to savour a book but also with this one, it's so large that it's impossible to read this quickly!

    ReplyDelete