Monday, June 13, 2011

New Reads

I don't need any more new books. I'm only just half my way throught Ken Follett's 'The Pillars of The Earth' and I have a few more books waiting to be read on my book shelves. However, I couldn't help but order some more:



I've never read anything from Jackie Collins, because I just assumed that her novels are trashy and awful. However, I have seen a lot of press about 'The Goddess Of Vengeance' and it seems to have been received well. So I've decided to give this one a try. After finally finishing 'The Pillars Of The Earth' , I thought that it might be a good idea to read something less heavy going and fun, so this might do the job. It's still rather a lengthy book by the look of it though!



I must confess, that I don't know anything about this second book. The reason that I have bought this, is because fom time to time, I take part in an online book group on the 'Book Group Online' website. Sometimes I think that it is good to read books that you haven't heard of before. I have made some good book discoveries this way, so I hope that I'm going to enjoy this one.

I know that I said that a review of part one of the television adaptation of 'One Good Turn' would appear on the blog today. However, I have been having such a good time with my friend Aguja this morning, that I haven't had time to watch the programme. I think what I will do, is wait until I have seen both programmes and comment on them both in one review.

Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them?

2 comments:

  1. I have not read nor heard of these two books ... but can I borrow them when you have read them - please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes no problem. In fact, as it's going to be a while until I have finished 'The Pillars Of The Earth', you could borrow them and tell ME what they are like!

    ReplyDelete