Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Snippet

It has been a bit of a slow reading week for me. I had meant read more of 'School Stories' by Elinor M.Brent-Dyer, but the time has run away with me. In fact, it seems like the whole year is running at warp speed! Is it the same for you?

Here's the snippet:

Page 42- 'The flowers in the Tyrol are wonderful, and now, in mid-May, the place was a veritable fairyland.'

'School Stories' by Elinor M. Brent-Dyer

Whatever you're doing, as usual, enjoy what's left of the weekend. Today is going to be a quiet one for me, so I hope to get some more reading done.

Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. I had these on my bookshelf when I was about 12! Have to confess I never loved them as much as I did Blyton's Malory Towers series.

    Enjoy your Sunday - and I know what you mean about the year disappearing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read these books, but I like the idyllic description.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. I have never been a fan of Enid Blyton, but I'm enjoying 'School Stories' for its charm and description of the landscape.

    ReplyDelete