Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Snippet

Thanks to everyone who commented on my post about the medicinal benefits of reading yesterday. If you have any thoughts on this subject, or any book recommendations to help keep the mind off of illness and discomfort, I'd love to hear them. The good news is, it seems like my ear infection is on it's way out.

Anyway back to this week's snippet. It's not often that I'm not sure what to make of a book; I either like it or I don't. However I just don't know what to make of 'The Book of Ebenezer Le Page' by G.B Edwards. Whilst my indecision makes the experience of reading this novel interesting, I'm not looking forward to trying to review this novel, when I have finished it!

Here's a snippet:

Page 240' 'I have never known for sure who it was kicked up a shindy over Raymond's sermon.'


Whatever you are doing, enjoy the rest of the weekend. The temperature has been in the late 30's this weekend (and maybe hotter), so I have been trying to keep cool. I like the hot weather, but sometimes it's so hot it is impossible to do anything without feeling exhausted!

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. We are in the same position. We are having a very hot and humid summer. Thank you for the well wishes in regards to staying cool. I wish the same to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your full review! Hope you had a great weekend as well! xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Olga and Style, She Wrote for your comments.

    Olga I like the warm weather but this is a little too hot for my liking.

    Style, She Wrote, wish me luck when I write the review for 'The Book of Ebenezer Le Page'. I'm going to need it!

    ReplyDelete