Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Snippet

It's funny how some books make you change your opinions of it, every few pages. One minute you are enjoying a book, the next you are contemplating abandoning it, then you find something on the page that takes your interest and you continue reading. For me, 'The Book of Ebenezer Le Page' by G.B Edwards has been that kind of book. Have you ever read a book like this?

At the moment, 'The Book of Ebenezer Le Page' is remaining interesting enough that I think I might finish it this week.

Here's a snippet:

Page 341: 'Little did I think when Monsieur Le Boutiller and me was joking over the pig what was going to happen to poor Jean Le Boutillier.'

Whatever you're doing, enjoy the rest of your weekend. Today, I'm off for Sunday lunch and then I have to start writing my very first guest post! More details of that shortly....

Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. I think so, but can't quite remember what any of them were.
    Your snippet is intriguing. I don't know if I would read on or not, but probably as I want to know aht happened to Jean Le Boutillier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what interesting snippet this is...hmmm...i know nothing about this book but...you have me intrigued! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have encountered books like that. I can put up with them being boring (I'll continue reading for a while after it's got boring) but if a book becomes irritating or pretentious, I ditch it right away...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments! I have to admit that this book weaves between intriguing and dull. I'm nearly at the end and I still don't know whether I like it or not. Is this normal?

    ReplyDelete