Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Snippet

So Sunday has come around again, I don't know where the time is going! I had meant to post a review of 'The Book of Ebenezer Le Page' by G.B Edwards, but have so far not found the time to do it. A review of it will appear next week.

Now, I've started to read the writer Elizabeth Jane Howard's autobiography 'Slipstream'. I haven't read many autobiographies, but I'm really enjoying this, particularly because she is a writer.

Have you read many autobiographies? Which ones have you enjoyed?

Here's a snippet:

Page 122: 'This was the emotional shadow cast over those few, otherwise carefree days; the domestic shadow others lived under was unknown to us both.'

Whatever you're doing, enjoy the rest of the weekend. I'm going to spend the afternoon at a friend's house eating tapas. I would have had a swim in their pool, but unfortunately my ears are still giving me trouble. I'm still going to have a great afternoon despite that.

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. I lo9ve the snippet that you have chosen this week - beautiful words.

    I have not read many autobiographies. This one sounds as if it will be a good read and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I would definitely recommend 'Slipstream' even though I'm still only a quarter of the way through, as I think that you would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, I had tapas on Saturday night too. I haven't read too many autobiographies but I enjoyed Patti Smith's 'Just Kids'.

    ReplyDelete