Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Snippet

I finally finished 'Slipstream' by Elizabeth Jane Howard last night. It's not the sort of book I would normally read, but it was definitely interesting. A review will appear on the blog next week.

Now, I am about to begin reading 'The Lantern' by Deborah Lawrenson, a book I have wanted to read for quite some time. I have been a follower of Deborah's blog for quite a while now and judging by her wonderfully written posts, I know that 'The Lantern' is going to be a good read.

Here's the first sentence of the novel:

'The rocks glow red above the sea, embers of the day's heat below our balcony at the Hôtel Marie.'

'The Lantern' by Deborah Lawrenson

Whatever you're doing, enjoy the rest of the weekend. I'm always interested in what people are reading, so if you feel like sharing a snippet from your latest read, either post it in a comment here or add a link to your 'Sunday Snippet' post.

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. I love Deborah's Blog.

    I have this on my wishlist

    Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover for this book, oh my goodness, I LOVE it. And I love Provence. This is going on my TBR list immediately. I am currently reading String Bridge by Jessica Bell (also a blogger turned author) http://thealliterativeallomorph.blogspot.com/p/books.html

    ReplyDelete