Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Snippet

I would like to say that I read loads this week. However, I haven't really managed to pick up a book at all over the last seven days.

I haven't even begun to think about writing two long over due reviews of 'Slipstream' by Elizabeth Jane Howard and 'The Lantern' by Deborah Lawrenson, let alone sit at my computer to make any progress with the novel I am writing. All of this, is because my social life seems to have become insanely full all of a sudden.

In the last week alone, I have met up for coffee with friends, started going to a Gospel singing group (which people who know me in the real world think is hilarious, because I can't sing....I'm still going to go, because I feel like doing it) and I have been to the cinema to see 'Horrible Bosses' (which isn't a bad film, I recommend it if you need a giggle). Next week is looking equally full, with 2 trips to the cinema on the cards and other social events, I hope to find some time to dedicate to the blog.

Incidently starting 1st October will be a new, exciting weekly series called 'Chapters In My Life' appearing on my blog. There are some great guest posters lined up to take part in this, so mark that in your diary!

Anyway, seeing as I haven't even read page 1 of my new read 'The Long Song' by Andrea Levy, here's the first line of the novel:

Page 1- 'It was finished almost as soon as it began.'

'The Long Song' by Andrea Levy


Have you had a busy week? What are you reading at the moment?

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to 'Chapters in my Life'. Have fun! I will be back mid October and have left posts of Ireland on my blog for viewing, if you have time to look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, girlie, you are quite popular. I'm curious to hear more about this gospel singing! Sounds like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aguja,I'm working on my first post of the new feature, I'm really looking forward to it!

    And Melissa, I might post about my experiences with the Gospel group soon....if I can find time!

    Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete