Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday Snippet

I've decided to abandon 'The Long Song' by Andrea Levy for the time being. I read to about page 30 and became increasingly annoyed by the almost light hearted attitude that Levy was taking, concerning the issue of slavery. Maybe I'm not in the right frame of mind to read this so now, I'm starting 'One Day' by David Nicholls.

I have tried to resist reading this novel, because it seems like everyone has been reading this. With the release of the film adaptation, I looked at the trailers and it just didn't seem like my kind of thing.

So why are you reading this? you may be asking. Well, a friend of mine has just read 'One Day' and like myself, didn't think that it would be her cup of tea. However, she loved it. She liked it so much, that she has passed her copy on to me. So I have to decided to jump on the 'One Day' bandwagon and read this.

Here's the first line of 'One Day':

Page 3: 'Rankeillor Street, Edinburgh

'I suppose the important thing is to make some sort of difference,' she said. 'You know, actually change something.'


'One Day' by David Nicholls


Have you read 'One Day'? Is it worth the hype? (No spoilers please!)

No comments:

Post a Comment