Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Snippet

I'm tempted to see the film version of 'One Day' by David Nicholls. However, I'm enjoying the novel version so much, that I don't think that the film with Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess, will live up to the image of Emma and Dexter in my head. Have you seen this film? Is the film as good as the novel? I'd be interested to hear your views on it.

Here's a 'snippet':

Page 188: 'Heart thumping, soaked with sweat, Dexter was woken just after midday by a man bellowing outside, but it turned out to be M People.'

'One Day' by David Nicholls

Whatever you are doing, enjoy what's left of the weekend. I have just acquired a new mobile phone, so a big portion of my weekend has been taken up by trying to figure out how it works! I'm hoping to get some reading done.... if I can tear myself away from my phone.

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. The book is great, so I would not be tempted by the novel. I suppose that that is prejudgenment, but the film is rarely as good as the book - there are exceptions of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's wise to stick with the novel version of a book you love and let the film slide on by. It's so easy to be disappointed, and when it comes to Anne Hathaway? For me, disappointment would be imminent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments.

    Bellezza, I have enjoyed some of the films that Anne Hathaway has done but because I have an image of Emma already in my head, just by looking at her I know that she isn't right to play her. I think that it would be interesting to see how the director of 'One Day' the film interprets the novels, although I know that I will be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete