Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday Snippet

Page 237- 'They ride the next twenty storeys in silence. Beside her Stephanie Shaw stands smart, petite in a crisp white shirt- no, not a shirt, a blouse- tight black pencil skirt, a neat little bob, years away from the sullen Goth who sat next to her in tutorial all that time ago, and Emma is surprised to find herself intimidated by her old acquaintance; her professional demeanour, her no-nonsense manner. Stephanie Shaw has probably sacked people.'

'One Day' by David Nicholls

5 comments:

  1. hi spangle...i want to know more about the goth next to her! haha...thanks for leaving me kind words today...love your lovely orange that greeted me too! well, off for my cuppa, have a good day or night as the case may be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i noticed there's no word veri. which i appreciate...i mentioned that in my post and sad here waiting for it to come up, holding my breath it wouldn't and YAY! wanted to say i noticed it wasn't there and how lovely was that. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that would be 'sat'...and apologies for so many little comments of very little meaning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great read!!! For those who have not yet read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments Linda and Aguja.

    It may seem like I'm not enjoying 'One Day' because it is taking me a long time to finish it. However, I'm really enjoying it and so far would definitely recommend reading this.

    ReplyDelete