Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Snippet

Apologises for not doing a 'Sunday Snippet' last week. It's not the attitude to take, but I wasn't feeling in the mood to blog. However, I'm trying to make an effort to get back to blogging.

Having read Deborah Lawrenson's brilliant novel 'The Lantern' recently, I've turned to another one of her novels 'Songs of Blue and Gold'. Reading progress is slow, but I am enjoying the book so far. Here's a snippet:

Page 52: 'The following morning, Melissa stood on the bridge where the two rivers met not far from her mother's house. A turquoise kingfisher darted like a bullet down the river. A few flashy seconds and it was gone, leaving only a stab of remembered brilliance.'

'Songs of Blue and Gold' by Deborah Lawrenson

What are you reading at the moment?

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. I do like this snippet very much. There's something beautiful about the scene described, but I'm also seeing a haunting bit of foreshadowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of seeing a kingfisher in Ireland ... and the experience is described exactly, here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all get times when we are just not in the mood to blog much like our reading hiccups.

    Love the quote from Songs of Blue and Gold. This is on my shelf.

    I am reading Highland Storms - Christina Courtenay and loving it.

    carol

    ReplyDelete