Saturday, December 24, 2011

Chapters In My Life -Week 13

This is the final 'Chapters In My Life'. I have really enjoyed hosting the series and may host another in the future. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the people who have contributed to 'Chapters In My Life' and those of you who have stopped by and read it.

For the final installment, Steph from the 'StephTheBookworm' blog, will share with us the 5 books which have influenced her life:

1. Ramona series by Beverly Cleary - what would my childhood have been without Ramona? I have often cited Beverly Cleary as being my hero. Ramona were the books that started my love for reading, and reading has directed my life completely - I'm even in library school. So without these books, I truly don't know what I would be doing or what my life would be like. Ramona is also important to me because I was always a shy kid and often picked on, but Ramona was a friend and her antics always made me laugh.

2. Marley and Me by John Grogan - I have ALWAYS been an animal lover, but Marley and Me showed me just how wonderful the love of a dog could be. Before, I was mostly a cat girl. I stayed up all night reading and bawling my eyes out. Now, I have my own dog to love.

3. Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster - This book is my all time favorite. It made me laugh so hard and Jen showed me to be fearless in who you are.

4. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman - I adore this book to pieces. It's one of my favorites and is such a touching, Southern coming of age tale. But the reason it is so important to me is because of the author. Beth contacted me when I reviewed it and we have grown to be friends. We even went out to dinner together with a group of her favorite bloggers during BEA in NYC. This was important to me because it showed me how gracious, grateful, and compassionate authors can be. Beth is the epitome of gracious. Don't authors rock?!

5. The Alice series by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor - I started reading this series when I was about 8 or 9 and it quickly grew to become one of my favorite series. What's better still is that new Alice books always came out with Alice being a little older and we were always the same age. I grew up with Alice and am SO happy to see the series is still going on.


If you have just discovered this series and would like to catch up on past weeks, click on the links below:

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting me! This was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what my childhood would have been like without Ramona either! :) And Spangle...when do we get the chapters in YOUR life? Or did I miss it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steph for taking part!, your choices were great!

    Melissa, my chapters were on week 1 of the series! You can go back to read my post, by clicking on the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas is near! May we all have a lovely and festive Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Ramona. I remember it was a big deal since it was my first "chapter books." I wonder if you can buy them as a set now?

    ReplyDelete