Monday, December 19, 2011

'League Of Extraordinary Gentleman' Book Challenge

At this time of year, us book bloggers look back on the books we have read throughout the last 12 months and look towards the titles and authors we are going to discover in the coming year.

I'm going to talk about the books I have read in 2011 in due course, but I wanted to talk about a book challenge I'm about to embark on. I have never taken part in any blog book challenges before, but as one of my book new year's resolutions is to read more of the classics, the book challenge on 'Man Of La Book' seems perfect. Here are the rules:





DETAILS/RULES:

1. The goal is to read the clas­sic books and the graphic novel to see how they all tie together. No blog is needed, a review on Ama­zon, Goodreads, etc. is good enough.

2. What counts: books, eBooks, audio books

3. Crossovers from other read­ing chal­lenges count.

The books are (in no spe­cific order):
– Drac­ula by Bram Stoker
– Twenty Thou­sand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne- Read
– Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Steven­son-Read
– The Invis­i­ble Man by H.G. Wells
– The First Men in the Moon by H.G. Wells
– Any Fu Manchu novel
– Any Sher­lock Holmes novel- Read
– Any Allan Quater­main novel
– Any James Bond novel

and

- The League of Extra­or­di­nary Gen­tle­men graphic novel to tie it all together. (if you don't have it in your local library Ama­zon sells afford­able issues).

As you can see from the list, I have already read Jules Verne's 'Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea' (you can find my review of it here), but there are many books on the list that I haven't read. The list does include a 'James Bond' novel. I hate the James Bond films, but I'm willing to give the novel version a go.

So if you fancy challenging yourself in 2012, consider signing up for this one.

What book challenges are you signing up for, or setting for yourself in 2012?

6 comments:

  1. Interesting challenge. I have to admit, I've never read a graphic novel. Good luck with the book challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Kelly. I have never read a graphic novel either, so it should be an interesting challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the challenge.
    The James Bond books are very different than the movies, at least the Ian Fleming ones.

    http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I have been told about the 'James Bond' books. I hope I will enjoy it more than the films!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an awesome challenge! I have mine all set for 2012 but this gave me a few ideas to add to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will surely give this challenge a try 2012!

    ReplyDelete