Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sunday Snippet

So, it's the first day of a new year and the first 'snippet'. This 'snippet' comes from 'The Long Song' by Andrea Levy, a novel I actually began reading in 2011. After having a false start with novel (I just couldn't get into it), I'm really enjoying it on my second attempt. Here's a snippet:

P270- He pulled her to her feet, then looked quickly around himself for somewhere to hide her, like she were some stolen booty, before steering her down the veranda steps and around the corner to shelter within the secrecy of a large clump of bamboo.'

However you are spending the first day of 2012, have a great time. Unfortunately my 2012 has started with no hot water in the house, due to not having enough gas. That is not going to dampen our spirits however. We will just have to boil the kettle a lot!

Happy Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you Sweeter and angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Spangle. I like this snippet. The bamboo surprised me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Spangle! And thank you very much for the honourable mention - much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get things fixed soon so you can enjoy hot water! :)

    I found your link on BookBlogs and am now a follower! I hope you consider following my blog! http://authorjess.blogspot.com/2012/01/its-my-birthday-month.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the comments Melissa, Deborah, Jessica and My Castle in Spain! A Happy New Year to you all!

    ReplyDelete