Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Snippet

So we are the end of the first week in January and I'm already on my 3rd book of 2012! Ok, I did technically begin 'The Long Song' by Andrea Levy in 2011, but I'm still counting this as a 2012 read.
This week's 'snippet' is taken from Penny Vincenzi's novel 'Something Dangerous'. If I'm honest, I'm not really enjoying this novel at the moment. However as I am only on page 26, I will perceive with this novel, until I have reached 100 pages at least . Then I will decide whether to ditch this or not. What is your policy on continuing books that you are not enjoying? Do you plough on until the end? Do you change books straight away, or wait until you have read a certain amount of pages before deciding?

Here's the snippet:
Page 16- 'The twins unwrapped their parcels, drawing silver cigarette cases out of Asprey packaging with cries of 'Oh, how lovely' and 'Utter bliss' and 'Sebastian, you shouldn't have' and 'As if we'd change these.'
'Something Dangerous' by Penny Vincenzi

Whatever you're doing, enjoy the rest of the weekend. I have a slight dilemma later on this evening. Two programmes I really enjoy, 'Dancing on Ice' and 'Sherlock' (a programme I could easily become obsessed with) are on at the same time. So which one do I watch!?

Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. Mostly I try to stay put till the end to see how a book is. But there are one or two books so far, that I just can't continue after 50 pages. But it happens very rarely.

    Vidya
    http://vidya-booksaremagic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Difficult choice! Pity that I can see neither.
    The book ... I actually ended up enjoying that series of her writing, but not other novels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to read the entire book, but it happens that I put it aside for a while. It's quite rare that I don't finish a book, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments! In the end I decided to abandon 'Something Dangerous'. I'm glad I did, because I'm really enjoying 'Fall of Giants'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bit late now, but, definitely Sherlock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I decided to watch 'Dancing On Ice' on Sunday night, and catch up with 'Sherlock' on Monday. It was a fantastic episode this week, it makes me want to read the books.

    ReplyDelete