Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Snippet

Today is a special 'Sunday Snippet' because it's my birthday! I won't divulge how old I am, but I feel like I'm still about twenty! Over the last few days I have had a cake, presents and many other surprises, so I'm a very lucky girl.

Anyway back to this week's 'snippet'. 'Fall of Giants' by Ken Follett isn't turning out to be the kind of book that I was expecting, but I'm still really enjoying it. I'm coming up the half way point in the book, but it's going to take me a while to finish! Here's a 'snippet':

Page 409: 'In June 1915 America came one step closer to war.'

'Fall of Giants' by Ken Follett

Whatever you are doing, enjoy the rest of the weekend. My birthday is going to be quite quiet, I'm off out to lunch with my parents.

Happy Sunday!

11 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I hope it's a great one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your short snippet. Have a great birthday and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Love the snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the birthday messages! Have had a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday dear blog friend :) xxxx

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Spangle! (I'm still on Eastern Standard time so it counts!) Looking forward to hearing about your new adventures in this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday for Sunday! Put down the Follett and 'go for it' .... although it is now Monday!

    I spent Sunday travelling, as you know; twenty four hours of it, but we are back home, not too jet lagged ... and it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol, Diane, Melissa and Aguja thanks for comments. I had a great birthday, in fact, I enjoyed the whole weekend.

    ReplyDelete