Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Snippet

Firstly many thanks to everyone who sent lovely birthday messages on last week's 'Sunday Snippet'. I had a very enjoyable day, in fact, weekend.

Anyway back to 'Fall of Giants' by Ken Follett. Despite spending most of the day yesterday ploughing through this enormous book, I'm still no where near the end. I'm enjoying it, but I'm now itching to get this over and done with, so I can read something else. Do you ever feel like that when reading doorstop sized books? Or do you avoid this size of book altogether? Nonetheless I will finish this book.....although I can't say when that will be.

Here's a 'snippet':

Page 628: 'On the morning of the next day, the First Machine Gun Regiment gathered on the parade ground to elect a representative to the Petrograd Soviet. Issak proposed Sereant Grigori Peshkov.'

'Fall of Giants' by Ken Follett

Whatever you are up to, enjoy the rest of the weekend. I'm off out to lunch with some friends this afternoon. It should be fun.

Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. I have never read 'Fall of Giants'. Thanks for this snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my that's a potato bug crusher!!!!! if i see the words machine gun regiment, i tend to look elsewhere but who knows, he is a good writer so...

    i wanted to invite you to my private blog. i do not find your email so i am at vulturepeakmuse[at]gmail[dot]com. Please send me your email and then i can invite you via bloggers form letter? i would love for you to be a part of our little merry band of travelers. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT BLOG....love your design....stopping by from Book Blogs to take a look around.

    NEW FOLLOWER.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you don't mind Spangle but I've nominated you for a new blog award :-) Spread the love!

    http://relishreads.blogspot.com/2012/02/library-corner.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the messages, sorry I haven't been around to reply, had a bad back this week!

    ReplyDelete