Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Snippet

I'm FINALLY on the home straight with 'Fall of Giants' by Ken Follett! When I say home straight, in reality I have still got 125 pages to go until I have reached the end. To be honest, the end can't come any sooner.

What started off to be a very enjoyable book, has transformed into a tedious mission to reach the end, so that I can begin a new book. I could give up but, seeing as I'm so close to the end, I feel obliged to complete this book. I'm not saying that this book is all bad, there are nuggets of brilliant writing but overall, this is not my kind of book. Have you ever read a book like this?

Here's a 'snippet':

P816- 'Gus had heard a rumour there would be a ceasefire at eleven a.m, but his commanding officer had ordered the assault so he was carrying it out.'

'Fall of Giants' by Ken Follett.

Whatever you're up to, enjoy the weekend. I'm planning to finish 'Fall of Giants' today. Wish me luck!

In other news, I was saddened to hear of the death of Whitney Houston this morning. She will be remembered as one of the greatest singers of all time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I can completely relate. I read The Magus a few years ago and it was so tedious to get through. Great book, some amazing writing, but for some reason it was like wading through treacle. Really tough going, but you can't give up when you are so far in ...

    Hope you managed to finish it as planned!

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete