Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Snippet

After ploughing through 'Fall of Giants' by Ken Follett, I'm now reading a book that I'm enjoying! Although the method in which I am reading 'The Hound of the Baskervilles' by Arthur Conan Doyle (on my PC tablet) isn't as good as the reading experience you get with a paperback, I'm really like this book.

Being a fan of the tv series 'Sherlock' which is based on the 'Sherlock Holmes' novels, I was interested to see how the programmes differ from the original texts. In some ways the two versions of 'The Hounds of the Baskervilles' are very different, but the same intrigue and essence of the character of Sherlock is contained within the TV programme and the book.

Here's a 'snippet':

Page 107: 'It was several miles off, but I could distinctly see a dark dot against the dull green and gray.'

'The Hound of the Baskervilles' by Arthur Conan Doyle

Whatever you're up to, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. I've never read Conan Doyle for all that Holmes is familiar. Be interested to know what you make of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Deborah! I've just finished reading 'The Hound of the Baskervilles' and will write my thoughts on this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting for the thoughts Spangle. I don't know whether or not I have read any of the books; if so it would have been as a younger person ... probably why I can't remember. I do love Sherlock Holmes, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit, I have never even thought about reading Sherlock Holmes. The closes I've got to is seeing Robert Downey Jr. in the film (and I do love Robert Downey Jr.)

    I look forward to hearing your thoughts!:)

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete