Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tagged!

I don't often take part in book hops or chain blog post schemes. However, when Barbara from 'March House Books' tagged me with the following questions, I thought it would be an interesting exercise.

The Tag rules;
1. You must post the rules!
2. Answer the questions and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them.

Questions:

Do you use a bookmark or will any old bit of paper do?

99% of the time I use a bookmark to keep my place in books and have a small collection of them. However, I the very rare occasions when a bookmark isn't to hand, I will use an old recipt or scrap of paper.

What new books are you most excited to read this year?

I don't really keep an eye on new books that are about to be released, I just add books to my TBR list, when I discover potentially interesting reads. From the recent series of 'The TV Book Club' I would like to read 'Before I go to Sleep' by S.J Watson and 'The Sisters Brothers' by Patrick DeWitt.

Favourite season?

Autumn. You can still enjoy some pleasant weather, without having to suffer the baking heat of the sun.

If money were not an issue, what present would you give yourself?

A car and a little house, complete with library!

Do you buy second-hand books, new books or both?

I buy both new and second-hand books. I love discovering inscriptions inside second hand books as I wonder who owned the book before I did.

Early bird or night owl?

I'm definitely NOT an early bird, but I also like my sleep. So I would have to say I'm a mid morning kind of a person!

Do you like to read a specific genre? If so, what genre is it?

I generally read fiction books, but I do read the occasional non fiction book too.

Who is your favourite literary character of all time?

Either Harry Potter or Jo from 'Little Women' by Louisa May Alcott

Physical books, E-books or audio books?

Definitely physical books. After acquiring a tablet computer and being able to read ebooks, it has confirmed to me that 'real' books are better. There's nothing like the feel and smell of a paperback.

If your life was made into a movie, who would you like to play you?

Ohh that's a difficult one! Either Helena Bonham Carter or British comedian Sarah Millican

Cat person or dog person?

Dog Person


Blogs I'm tagging:

'Wordstitcher'

'This too...'

'Dancing Branflakes'

'Dizzy C's Little Book Blog'

'Isavirtue'

'Kelly Hashway'

'Man of La Book'


'Marcie'

'Miss H Writes'


'Savidge Reads'

'StephTheBookworm'

'The Daydreamer's Book Obsession'

Questions to answer:

If you could live in a fictional world, where would that be?

Do you read in noisy or quiet places?

What was the first book you ever read?

If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Favourite author?

Do reviews influence your choice of reads?

Fiction or Non fiction?

Have you ever met your favourite author?

Audio books or Paperbacks?

Classic or Modern Novels?

Book Groups or Solitary Reading?









7 comments:

  1. Ooh, you tagged me! Hmm, I have to ponder these questions now. This looks like fun. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, thanks for joining in. I enjoyed reading your answers, the house complete with a library made me smile. We have lots in common

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your answers!! I shared a link to this on my blog today: http://authorjess.blogspot.com/2012/02/trip-around-thursday-happenings-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, I popped over from Barbara's. I love your idea of a house with a library. And I have 'The Sisters Brothers' on my to-read list!


    Claudine
    http://www.carryusoffbooks.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will respond to this one. I like the questions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Spangle.

    I am most def a morning person.

    My post will be on the blog on Saturday.

    carol xxx

    ReplyDelete