Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Snippet

Even though they are probably the most iconic romantic characters in a novel, I'm not sure if I like Catherine and Heathcliff in my latest read 'Wuthering Heights'.

So far in my opinion, Catherine is a spoilt, unpleasant woman and Heathcliff is rough and moody. I may change my mind throughout the course of the novel and feel free to convince me otherwise, but at the moment, I find both characters rather unlikeable. Heres a 'snippet':

Page 111: " This is insufferable!" he exclaimed. "It is disgraceful that she should own him from a friend, and force his company on me!"

'Wuthering Heights' by Emily Bronte

Whatever you're up to, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. You described them perfectly. You make me think. For some reason they overlook one another's faults or they love one another's faults or they each love the other person and accept the faults.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's been a very long time since i read this but look forward to reading through your eyes... ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you will become rivetted!

    ReplyDelete