Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday Snippet

Firstly apologises for not posting a 'Wordless Wednesday' this week. There is no real excuse for it, except to say that I lost track of days and Wednesday passed me by without me noticing! I will try and post a photo next Wednesday.

Anyway, I'm more or less on the home straight wiith 'Wuthering Heights' by Emily Bronte. I didn't know it were possible for one book to contain so many unpleasant characters! Here's a 'snippet:

Page 256: ' Seven days glided away, every one marking its course by the henceforth rapid alternation of Edgar Linton's state.'

'Wuthering Heights' by Emily Bronte.

Whatever, you're up to, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the remainder, must reread this some day,remember reading it as a teenager and loving it.

    Me, I am on page 195 of fellow SheWriter Juliet Greenwood's 'Eden's Garden' and totally hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a rapid response! I'm finding that I'm enjoying 'Wuthering Heights', even though I don't like anyone in this book. How strange!

    Anyway, enjoy your book and I look forward to reading your opinions on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading the first chapter of Wuthering Heights and not having the stamina to go on. I've always preferred Charlotte Bronte - Jane Eyre is my ultimate favourite classic novel.

    Hope you had a good weekend!

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete