Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday Snippet

Once again, apologises for not having blogged all week. This week I have been ill with a cold; I never knew that it could wipe me out quite as much as it did. I'm a lot better than before, but still trying to shift this cold grr!

On the positive, being forced indoors for the best part of a week has given me some good reading time and I have completed 'The War of the Worlds' by H.G Wells (click here for the review) and 'The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde' by Robert Louis Stevenson (watch this space for the review).

Now, I'm reading 'I Capture the Castle' by Dodie Smith. This is the May read for the 'Book Circle' on a book forum I visit called 'Book Club Forum' and I'm enjoying the novel so far.

Although the previous 3 books seem to have nothing in common, it's interesting the way in which each of the novels is from a one person perspective, but for me, only 1 of the 3 authors has successfully used this writing tool successfully. In the next few weeks, I will write a exploration into first person narrative.

Here's a snippet of my latest read:

Page 47: ' Little did I think what the evening was to bring- something has actually happened to us!'

'I Capture the Castle' by Dodie Smith

Whatever you're up to, enjoy the rest of the weekend. Today, I'm going out for lunch, my first time away from the flat in over a week yay!

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. oh yuck...hoping you are well soon...me too and a nasty one at that!xx

    ReplyDelete