Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday Snippet

I have less than 100 pages until finishing 'I Capture the Castle' by Dodie Smith. Whilst I am enjoying this novel, my opinion of the characters has changed considerably in the last few chapters. I'm not sure whether the main character Cassandra is as innocent as she first appears. I think when characters change throughout a novel (whether from unpleasant to reformed or the other way around), this can create some interesting complexities within a novel. What do you think?

Here's a snippet:

Page 324: I shall never forget it- the thick carpet, the brocade-covered walls, the bright lights staring back from the gilt mirrors, everything was so luxurious- and so meaningless, so lifeless.'

'I Capture the Castle' by Dodie Smith.

Whatever you're up to, enjoy the rest of the weekend. I'm filled with a mix of excitement and apprehension, because tomorrow is the start of my art class exhibition. I will be showing two pictures and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is going to be exhibiting. I will post pictures of the event on Wednesday.

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. And your drawings are so good! I will go to see them hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Capture the Castle is one of the all-time charmers! Look forward to seeing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete