Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Snippet

I'm coming to the end of 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins and I must say, that this is the best book for Young Adults I have ever read....even though I'm in my thirties. It's not always comfortable reading in fact, some elements are brutal; but the suspense and slick writing that Suzanne Collins uses, makes this novel compelling.

This afternoon, some friends of mine are off to see the film version of the novel and I have had to decline their invitation to see it just because I want to read the book, before I compare it with the film version. Have you seen the film? Did you enjoy it? If you have read the book, did the film live up to your expectations? Anyway, as soon as I finish 'The Hunger Games', not only am I going to watch the film, but rush out to buy the remaining books in this trilogy.

As I am nearing the end of this novel, there may be descriptions which give away important events within this book. So here's the first paragraph of the novel:

Page 3:' When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold. My fingers stretch out, seeking Prim's warmth but finding only the rough canvas cover of the mattress.She must have had bad dreams and climbed in with our mother. Of course she did. This is the day of the reaping.'

'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins

Whatever you're up to, enjoy the rest of the weekend.


Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment