Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Snippet

I feel a little deceived by 'The Passage' by Justin Cronin. For anyone that doesn't know, the front cover looks like this:


Looking at this I assumed that this is going to be rather dark and mysterious. Ok I have only read 82 pages of this, but so far I'm finding it be slow and mediocre. I will still keep reading this, but have you ever had certain expectations of a novel just by looking at the cover? Did the content within fulfill that expectation, or were you left disappointed?

Here's a 'snippet':

Page 82: 'In his office on L2, Richards was sitting at his terminal, his mind deep inside a game of free cell.'


'The Passage' by Justin Cronin.

Whatever you're up to, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Happy Sunday!


4 comments:

  1. Despite what people have said about this title, that cover has never made me want to pick this one up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny to see what you had to say about this, because I stopped reading this one at just under 100 pages about a year ago with the same reaction. For some strange reason lately, I'm thinking of trying it again since book #2 will be out this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments so far.

    Diane, I was encouraged to continue reading 'The Passage' and even though I have only read a little since posting this 'Sunday Snippet' it is improving. I can't say that I'm still going to enjoy this, but I shall continue with it.

    I would be interested to hear what you think of this, if you decide to give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spangle, I am awarding you 'The Beautiful Blogger Award' for your reviews and personal insight into books. You may accept or reject this award. Look on my blog psot to see what you have to do.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete