Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Snippet

'Sunday Snippet'

Now that I have finished 'The Passage' by Justin Cronin, I can add a different 'Sunday Snippet' rather than have continual extracts from the same book! I haven't really progressed past the prologue of 'We Bought a Zoo' by Benjamin Mee, so I haven't formed any opinion of this yet.

Here's the first sentence of the novel:

Page 1 : 'Mum and I arrived at Dartmoor Wildlife Park in Devon for the first time as the new owners at around six o'clock on the evening of 20 October 2006, and stepped out of the car to the sound of wolves howling in the misty darkness.'

'We Bought a Zoo'- The Amazing True Story of a Broken-Down Zoo, and the 200 Animals That Changed aFamily Forever' by Benjamin Mee.

Whatever you're up to, enjoy the rest of what is left of the weekend.

Happy Sunday! 

1 comment: