Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday Snippet

It's funny how some of the books I have read are arduous and quite frankly a chore to get into and others, I whizz through. 'We Bought a Zoo' by Benjamin Mee, is the latter.

I will probably finish this book today and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Whilst with 'The Passage' by Justin Cronin I mentioned that this would be better in film form, I think that 'We Bought a Zoo' works perfectly as a book. The film version has the bare bones of the story, but the book version provides the flesh to tell this interesting story.

Here's a 'snippet':

Page 276: I didn't help, pointing out that by the tiger house (for want of something to say while we waited for the keys to arrive) there was blood on the padlock of the external door.

'We Bought a Zoo' by Benjamin Mee.

Whatever you're up to, enjoy the rest of the weekend. As today is Father's Day (in most places anyway), I'm taking my dad out to lunch this afternoon. What are you up to this weekend?

Happy Sunday! 

3 comments:

  1. That blood on the outside of the door is a great hook! Have a lovely lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deborah! I thoroughly recommend reading 'We Bought a Zoo', but will post a review of this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello lovely,
    Not been very sociable recently, but intending to make amends now.

    enjoy your reading week

    carol x

    ReplyDelete