Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday Snippet

There are some writers that hide under the mainstream that I think, should get more credit than they do. Guy Burt is one of them.

Mostly known nowadays for television, Burt's novels are some of the most interesting I have read. One of the reasons is because I think he has the ability to really get inside his character's heads. So much so, that with my latest read, 'The Dandelion Clock' I initally found it difficult to follow the way in which the story leaps from what is going on in the present, to the memories within the main character Alex's mind. As I am progressing with this novel, the more interesting the concept becomes. Here's a 'snippet':

Page 63- ' I am left with the strangest feeling that the history of the past year is changing around me; that the details of the 'miracle' are no longer quite so miraculous.'

'The Dandelion Clock' by Guy Burt

Which authors do you think have the ability to transport their readers into the minds of the characters?

Whatever you're up to, enjoy the rest of the weekend. I'm going to be avoid watching the England football game, by reading some more of this novel....football isn't my sort of thing....

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, there are plenty of writers who should be better known than they are - a lot is down to luck and marketing! I like the extract very much. Not only intriguing (and truthful) but it has a fantastic fatalistic rhythm.

    ReplyDelete