Monday, July 9, 2012

The Facebook Experiment- Day 1

The other day I wrote a post about Facebook, how it has taken over my life and my quest to leave it alone for a week to see what happens.

It's day one and it is going ok. I found that I could resist my urge to sit down at the computer first thing this morning, to check out what people have posted on my timeline. I did however find that, because I was denying myself Facebook, I kept thinking about what I was missing. It's the addictive nature of Facebook, that means that Facebook is in my psyche, whether I want it to be or not.

However, I'm sure as the days go on, my need for Facebook will decrease. I just need to get it out of my system. I must confess however, that 10 minutes before writing this post, I automatically clicked the Facebook shortcut on my computer, but I quickly shut the page down after realising what I had done....phew....

There are bound to be some blips in the next week, but the main thing, is to persevere!


1 comment: